Time: January 24, 2011 from 2pm to 5pm
Location: High West Distillery
Street: 703 Park Ave.
City/Town: Park City, Utah
Website or Map: http://www.financingyourfilm.…
Event Type: film, finance, seminar
Organized By: Nicholas D. Ward
Latest Activity: Dec 19, 2010
The Root 66 is proud to sponsor Financing Your Film! This seminar will guide you through the complex financial maze required to turn your creative vision into a film. Far too many excellent concepts never reach the screen due to a lack of education in the realities of sustaining a project through completion.
Financing Your Film will provide the tools to craft an effective business plan, develop concrete methodology for approaching investors, and manage funding once it is acquired.
Individual breakout groups are the core of this experience. In addition, you will receive specific instruction in the following vital areas, each of which can make or break a successful financing and distribution strategy
• Protecting your material - the importance of Copyright and the "Chain of Title"
• Developing and presenting your business plan as an attractive prospect to investors.
• The difference between a "Business Plan" and a "Producer's Package?"
• Ensuring you select the best funding at the most advantageous time.
• How to attach your key personnel on an effective schedule: Talent, Casting Directors, Agents, Managers
Director, DP, and Production Designer. Don't forget the right attorney and accountant!
• Understanding and ensuring that all essential contract documentation is correct, in favorable terms,
and thoroughly vetted.
• Taking full advantage of any local, state, or federal subsidies and incentives.
• Avoiding the long list of legal, business, and pre-production pitfalls.
Financing Your Film empowers independent filmmakers with the knowledge that industry recognized professionals have refined over decades. Take advantage of their proven expertise to bring your film from the script to the audience and retain full control over the revenue.
The Panel of Film Industry Business Experts:
• Hal “Corky” Kessler, Entertainment Attorney
• James R. "Jimmy" Spitz, Partner, AK Distribution and Consulting
• Louise Levison, President, Business Strategies (moviemoney.com)
• Todd Hein, Senior Manager, Federal Tax Unit, Crowe Horwath LLP
• Doug Mankoff, President, Echo Lake Productions
• John Corser, Line Producer and Panel Moderator
Register YOUR PLACE now! (See website for details.)